Access to Information on the Environment
Applications for Access to Information on the Environment should be made to:
Ms Noeleen McHugh
AIE Information Officer
Local Government Management Agency,
35-39 Usher’s Quay,
Dublin 8, D08 XKP7
When making a request for information under the Access to Information on the Environment Regulations you are required to:
- state that the application is being made under the AIE Regulations and submit it in writing or electronic form email@example.com.
- provide your contact details,
- state, in terms that are as specific as possible, the environmental information required, and specify the form and manner of access desired.
Normally you will be notified of the decision on your request within 1 month of its receipt.
What can I do if I am unhappy with a decision on my request?
If you consider that your original request for environmental information was refused wholly or partially, or was otherwise not properly dealt with in accordance with the provisions of the AIE Regulations, you may, not later than one month following the receipt of the decision from the LGMA, request that the LGMA carry out an internal review of the decision in part or in whole.
No fee will be charged for the internal review process.
A written outcome of the review informing you of the decision, the reason for the decision and advising you of your right of appeal to the Commissioner for Environmental Information, including the time limits and fees associated with such an appeal, will be issued to you within one month of the date of receipt of the request.
As provided for in the AIE Regulations, there is no initial fee required when lodging a request for information under AIE to the LGMA. A public authority may however, charge a reasonable fee for supplying environmental information in accordance with the Regulations.
The LGMA has set these fees as follows:
- If an applicant requires hard copies there may be a fee of €0.04 per sheet depending on the volume of information contained in the request.
- A charge of 10.16 euro applies to the provision of information on CD-ROM.
- Details of charges, if any, will be advised in the final decision letter.
- If you have any queries, the Information Officer can be contacted by telephone at 01 633 2344, or emailed at firstname.lastname@example.org.