The LGMA is working on a project to catalogue all of the services provided to the public by local authorities.
The local government sector provides about 1000 public services. The LGMA is working on a national project to produce 1 common catalogue of these services.
The service catalogue will help to better inform the public about local authority services and how to access them.
Click here for project updates.
How will the project be completed?
This project is run by a Service Catalogue Project Team from the Local Government Management Agency (LGMA). A Programme Board provides governance for the project
Each local authority has nominated a single point of contact to help the LGMA in coordinating the project. The single point of contact will:
- Liaise with the project team on behalf of their local authority
- Gather and review details on services in their local authority
- Keep local authority staff updated and coordinate feedback
- Represent their local authority in project workshops
Meet the Team
The Service Catalogue Project Team
Geraldine Dunne, PMO Project Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org
Melanie Cunningham, Project Leader, email@example.com
Mary Hennessy, Service Analyst, firstname.lastname@example.org
The Programme Board
- Niall Healy, Director of Services, Cork County Council (Chairperson)
- Cian Ó Lionáin, Principal Officer, Department of Housing Planning and Local Government
- Eamonn Hunt, Assistant Chief Executive, LGMA
- Mihai Bilauca, Head of Digital Strategy and European Projects, Limerick City and County Council
- Sean Coughlan, Director of Services, Limerick City and County Council
- Christine O'Grady, Senior Executive Officer, Kildare County Council
- Catherine Horan, Head of Information Systems, Waterford City and County Council
- Liam Ryan, Senior Executive Officer, Cork County Council
- Eoin Doyle, Director of Services, Cavan County Council
Catalogues completed so far
The first phase of our project is completing the Local Government Service Catalogue by functional area in excel format. We have now completed this task for public facing Housing; Environment; Planning, Roads and Transportation; Economic Development; Tourism; Local Enterprise; Parks and Open Spaces; and Community services.
Consultation with local authority staff is an important part of our project in helping to identify and describe public facing services.
This information will be used to populate a searchable, downloadable user-friendly online catalogue.
Now that we have completed Draft Catalogues for the services above, we are moving on to Libraries, Arts and Culture. Stay tuned for updates!
Find out more
If you are interested in finding out more about how we are approaching the Service Catalogue Project and how we are cataloguing services, you can read our Service Catalogue Guide here.
We publish regular updates to keep you informed about the project. You can read these below.
Send any comments to email@example.com