The LGMA is working on a project to catalogue all of the services provided to the public by local authorities.
The local government sector provides about 1,100 public services. The LGMA is working on a national project to produce one common catalogue of these services.
The service catalogue will help to better inform the public about local authority services and how to access them.
Click here for project updates.
How will the project be completed?
This project is run by a Service Catalogue Project Team from the Local Government Management Agency (LGMA). A Programme Board provides governance for the project
Each local authority has nominated a single point of contact to help the LGMA in coordinating the project. The single point of contact will:
- Liaise with the project team on behalf of their local authority
- Gather and review details on services in their local authority
- Keep local authority staff updated and coordinate feedback
- Represent their local authority in project workshops
Meet the Team
The Service Catalogue Project Team
Geraldine Dunne, PMO Project Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org
Mary Hennessy, Project Leader, email@example.com
Fiona Nolan, Project Assistant firstname.lastname@example.org
The Programme Board
- Niall Healy, Director of Services, Cork County Council (Chairperson)
- Mihai Bilauca, Chief Information Officer, Department of Housing, Local Government and Heritage
- Eamonn Hunt, Assistant Chief Executive, LGMA
- Sean Coughlan, Director of Services, Limerick City and County Council
- Christine O'Grady, Senior Executive Officer, Kildare County Council
- Frank Guckian, Head of Information Systems, Roscommon County Council.
- Liam Ryan, Senior Executive Officer, Cork County Council
- Eoin Doyle, Director of Services, Cavan County Council
- Clare Curley, Director of Services, Tipperary County Council
Catalogues completed so far
The first phase of our project is completing the Local Government Service Catalogue by functional area in Excel format.
Consultation with local authority staff is an important part of our project in helping to identify and describe public facing services.
We have updated the catalogue to improve user experience and have applied plain English through engagement with National Adult Literacy Agency (NALA).
We have now completed this task and catalogued 1,100 services. Take a look at this catalogue in Excel format here.
Find out more
We publish regular updates to keep you informed about the project. You can read these below.
Service Catalogue Bulletin 1 - November 2018
Service Catalogue Bulletin 2 - June 2019
Service Catalogue Bulletin 3 - December 2019
Service Catalogue Bulletin 4 - June 2020
Service Catalogue Bulletin 5 - December 2020
Services Catalogue Bulletin 6 - June 2021
Please send any comments to email@example.com