LGMA social media house rules and comments policy
The LGMA manages several social media accounts across different platforms, including for the LGMA, Local Authorities Ireland and Libraries Ireland. The following house rules and comments policy applies to all LGMA managed accounts and are designed to make engagements with our accounts an enjoyable and safe experience.
All rights, including copyright, on the LGMA’s profiles are owned by or licensed to the LGMA or our stakeholders in the local authority sector. Any use of these pages or their content, including copying or storing them in whole or in part, other than for your own personal, non-commercial use, is prohibited without the written permission of LGMA.
Third party adverts on or surrounding the social pages or accounts are not the responsibility of, or endorsed, by the LGMA.
Please note that any follower posts or comments do not necessarily reflect the views of the LGMA, nor by appearing on our pages does LGMA confirm their accuracy.
Specifically, we do not tolerate the following:
· Posts of an abusive or threatening nature or using offensive or vulgar language
· Posts of a defamatory or potentially defamatory nature
· Trolling or deliberate disruption of discussion
· Violations of any intellectual property rights
· Spamming in nature
· Uploading files that contain viruses or programs that could damage the operation of other people’s computers
· Commercial solicitation or solicitation of donations
Please note, we do not take complaints nor deal with any corporate matters through our social media channels. If you would like to report an issue, please visit our website at www.lgma.ie for contact details.